Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Had runny nose. Having headache and pain behind eyes. Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 04-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Headache and Migraines
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:Hi Doc
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:How are you today :)
Doctor:I am fine, thank you.
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I had running nose for 2 days abt a week back
User:now i have a little phlegm
User:coz of that im having frequent headaches
User:and severe pain behind my eyes
User:i havent taken any medicines till now
User:i dont have a running nose now
User:you there?
Doctor:I am here.
Doctor:Do you have any fever, sorethroat, body aches, vomiting and so on?
User:body aches, yes
User:rest no
Doctor:May I know your age and whether or not you have had such headaches in the past?
User:29 Male
User:no such headsches in the past
Doctor:Let me explain to you.
User:yes please
Doctor:Based on your description, there are 2 possibilities which I can think of
Doctor:1. Sinusitis - it's collection of fluid resulting in inflammation of the sinus.
Doctor:2. Headache associated with infection.
Doctor:Without a clinical examination I am unable to differentiate both these entity.
User:I stay near the XXXXXXX Bangalore office
Doctor:In this circumstances I suggest the following measures:
Doctor:1. Take steam inhalation twice or thrice a day for next few days.
Doctor:you may add Karvol plus capsule into the hot water and inhale from it.
Doctor:They will provide additional benefits.
User:i tried steam inhalation. the relief stays for 30min
Doctor:2. Take Tab. Dolo 650mg twice a day depending on the intensity of pain.
User:the headache is back after that
Doctor:3. Saline Nasal spray such as nasoclear solution can be instilled into each nostril - 2 drops thrice a day.
Doctor:4. Monitor the progress.
Doctor:If you develop fever or if the pain worsen, you need to consult a doctor.
Doctor:Investigations such as complete blood count, X-ray nasal sinuses may be needed.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:can u recommed any doc whos near XXXXXXX b'lore offcei
Doctor:You may visit any general physician or ENT specialist near your locality.
Doctor:I believe the office is in Airport Road,
Doctor:If I am write, the below link contains list of ENT specialist who can help you.
Doctor:You may consult one as per the reviews written by the users.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:thank you :)
Doctor:You are welcome?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor