Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriage. Unable to conceive. IUI procedure failed. How to get pregnant? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:Hello... good afternoon
Doctor:welcome to XXXXXXX
User:one of my close friend is not able to conceive since last 3 - 4 years, she had 1 miscarriage 3 years back. she has gone to 2 -3 infertility specialist and tried with IUI procedure (twice) but no results
Doctor:Do u know her underlying condition ?
User:she wants to know about the best doc available in mumbai whom she can consult
Doctor:Does she have any uterine anomalies or condition that she has ?
User:Yes.... as per doctors they are normal as she has conceived once on own
Doctor:How long has she been married ?
User:she wants to go to a reputed doc in a reputed hospital for IUI
User:5 years
Doctor:in case they are both normal, then why are they going for IUI ?
User:not able to conceive through normal means
User:My friend is 32 and her husband is 35
Doctor:DOES HER husband have any semen defects ?
Doctor:If you are looking only for IUI, then you can consult Dr AniruDH mALPANI , at , XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Bhagat XXXXXXX Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005.
Tel: 91-22-0000, 91-22-0000
Fax (India): 91-22-2215 0223
User:she wants to go to either Lilavati, Hinduja or Kokilaben Ambani hospital
Doctor:Dr Anirudh is a specialist , in Infertility treatment
User:she is looking for IUI, but it depends it could be IVF also if IUI is not positive again
Doctor:has she undergone any other tests , like semen analysis
Doctor:If Intrauterine insemination is not working there are other measures like Intracytoplasmic Sperm injection , which is usually much effective
User:initially her husband's sement counts were proper, but last year they were not normal, so he underwent medication and got them back to normalcy
User:what is Intracytoplasmic Sperm injection
Doctor:it is similar to IUI , where semen is injected into the uterus
Doctor:but here the ovum is first fertiilised outside the body and then placed in the uterus , for implantation , and pregnancy to occur
User:what is IVF then, is it not similar
Doctor:ICSI OR Intracytoplasmic Sperm injectionis a form of IVF
Doctor:but, this procedure is done when the sperm count and quality is very less, to achieve normal fertilisation and pregnancy
User:have some urgent work... sorry for interuption
Doctor:take care and bye for now
Doctor:Please login for further queries
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor