Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

HIV related questions - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   hi
Doctor :   hi papu
Doctor :   how can I help oyu?
User :   can i ask you some questions?
User :   last month my frnd passed away
Doctor :   can i confirm your deatils?
User :   yes sure
Doctor :   as
we may need
User :   ok
Doctor :   to get back to you if the chat hangs due to a tech prob
User :   ok
Doctor :   Email : YYYY@YYYY
Doctor :   Mobile : 0000
User :   or u can call me in 0000
Doctor :   p-ls go ahead with your questions
Doctor :   thanks
User :   so just want to know, if fahter have Aids it will eff to child
Doctor :   Not really
User :   ok
Doctor :   if the father has passed the infection to the mother
Doctor :   then it can be transmitted to the child during birth
User :   ok
User :   wht the diff... b/w AIDS and HIV
Docor : but the transmission to the child can be prevented with trt
Doctor :   HIV positive means a person has the viral infection
Doctor :   he can spread it
Doctor :   But the virus has not yet started causing problems
Doctor :   When it starts causing the problem it causes AIDS
User :   ok
Doctor :   in which the patients Immune system is so greatly weakened
Doctor :   that he catches any infection easily
Doctor :   and some of this infections cn be very sevre
Doctor :   leading to death
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you with?
Doctor :   r u thr?
User :   yes
User :   how we can findout if the person have Aids
Doctor :   you can find out if a person is HIV positive-
Doctor :   that is if he has the virus
Doctor :   through a blood test
User :   why some of them feel so bad to talk with aids people
Doctor :   called ELISA- and confirm it through western blot test
User :   how long the person can live if he/she have aids
Doctor :   it si a social taboo - and misconceptions and fears cause people to be scared
Doctor :   a person with full blown AIDS will usually not live for more than 6 months
User :   can we stay in same house
User :   ???
Doctor :   A person with full blown AIDS will usually not survive for more than 6 months
Doctor :  
A person with full blown AIDS will usually not survive for more than 6 months
Doctor :   it seems we have a tech prob
Doctor :   pls log back again
User :   are u there ???
Doctor :   yes
User :   thanks a lot
Doctor :   yes
User :   and my last question
Doctor :   you can stay in the same house
User :   my frnd passed away 2 mths back, and she was having Aids
Doctor :   ok....
Doctor :   pls go on...
User :   my parents not allo me to see her died body
Doctor :   ok....
User :   but i refused and went to her house
Doctor :   ok
User :   so i was standing near to her
Doctor :   there is nor problem with that
User :   it will cause any probl to me
Doctor :   * no
User :   thns
Doctor :   you are welcome
User :   and can we touch the died body
Doctor :   yes as long as you do not have contact with the body fluids
User :   k
Doctor :  
Is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   No,
Doctor :   ok
User :   and thanks for your answers
Doctor :   welocme;
Bye for now
User :   Hi
User :   can i chat with XXXXXXXX ??
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi tns for reply
User :   I want to ask abt skin problem
User :   the back of my neck has comparatively darkened
User :   Doctor are u there ????

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor