Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Gynecomastia and its treatment through plastic surgery - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hi
User :   I suffer from gynaecomastia and it has always affected my confidence. I am over weight and the depression just makes me put more weight on as even when I have lost weight my chest still sticks out. I have come to the point where I feel surgery is the only option but I am worried about the cost. Is this operation affordable? Also does it leave visible scars?
User :   also are there alternatives
Doctor :   it is usually done by plastic surgeons
Doctor :   i fear it is definitely a bit costly
Doctor :   but they can take care of scars .
User :   would it be available on the NHS
Doctor :   one sec
User :   also do you think i would have to loose weight at i have put some on and struggle to get rid of it even though i go the gym about 3-4 times a week
User :   i have been told they will not opperate unless you loose weight
User :   ok
Doctor :   if the problem has any physical or psychological impact on a person , ten only they will accept particular person for surgery
Doctor :   *then

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor