Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Growth retardation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi Doctor: We found our daughter smaller when compared to her peer group.
The clinical laboratory results for my daughter age 11 years are as follows
Growth hormone CLIA 0.08 ng/ml
T3,Free;FT3 3.72 pg/mL
T4,Free;FT4 0.95 ng/dL
TSH, Ultrasensitive 1.461 uIU/mL
Can you please advise whether these are normal and if not what should we do now?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr
User :   hello doctor is my query visible to you
Doctor :   give me few secs. to go through your query.
Doctor :   May I ask you a few questions pertaining to your problem.
Doctor :   May I ask you a few questions pertaining to your problem
User :   yes
User :   please go ahead
Doctor :   Have you tested GH or GnRH ?
User :   GH CLIA
Doctor :   Or is it IGF-1
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   it says growth hormone (CLIA)
Doctor :   It is absolutely normal.
User :   What is the acceptable ranges because the report says refrence range between 1 and 16.40 for GH
Doctor :   The accepatble normal range is from 1 to 20ng in children
Doctor :   Less than 20 ng/mL (less than 880 pmol/L) in children.
User :   So what does 0.08 means as in my daughters case
Doctor :   I feel it is marginally less and if i were treating you I would not take one reading into count.
Doctor :   As growth hormone levels change with insulin levels and insulin growth factors
User :   Okay, so do you think we should see a doctor in gurgaon where my daughter lives
Doctor :   two concurrent levels in two consecutive tests have to be done.
Doctor :   And more over first IGF-1 has to be done before you do GH test.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Hope you have noted down this test .
User :   so can you pls suggest what to do now time running out
Doctor :   Please go to Medanta at Gurgaon , previously i worked there , ity is a very good center for endocrinology.
Doctor :   Please get
Doctor :   1. IGF-1
Doctor :   2. 1GH
Doctor :   3. GnRH
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor