Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Got tested for Diabetes and TSH. What are the findings? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:Hi Doctor, I'm writing this email for my mom. Today i have taken her to diagnostic center for checking Diabetes and TSH. here are her readings Fasting Plasma Glucose - 231 Post Lunch Plasma Glucose - 331 TSH - 10.14 Please help me selecting a good doctor for her at hyderabad. Regards XXXXXXX
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hi docotor
User:Her age is 52
Doctor:As I practice far away from Hyderabad (in bangalore) I do not have any personal reference of good doctors.
User:okie, please suggest the diet for my moom
User:so that she can control the TSH n Sugar
Doctor:However since your mothers sugars are very high, she needs to be seen at multidisciplinary centre where there are endocrinologist, cardiologist, nephrologist and ophthalmologist available.
Doctor:At present with this high sugar and TSH, i think the first step would be to start medications - insulin and thyroid supplements.
Doctor:You can contact XXXXXXX customer support team and plan a diet consultation with a dietician.
Doctor:She can prepare a personalised diet plan as per her calorie requirement and latest blood sugar values.
Doctor:I hope you agree with me.
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
User:thank you doctor
User:can you also let me know if any of the good multidisciplinary center
Doctor:As I initially mentioned, I practice far away from Hyderabad, hence I do not have personal reference. However my colleagues here suggest CARE hospitals.
Doctor:You may try this location.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:thanks for the reference
User:and you time
User:it was really helpful
User:talking to you online
Doctor:You are welcome.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor