Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Getting pregnant with PCOS and irregular periods - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Getting Pregnant
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Doctor :   hi
User :   no pls stay
Doctor :   ok
User :   I have pcod . I want a baby.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status:
User :   age-32,Female,Engineer,Married
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   how long u have being having this problem
Doctor :   r u taking any treatment for the same
User :   from the begining.
Doctor :   ok
User :   I did laproscopy, and other tests too
User :   I have taken ovulation study,AI with hormonal injection but no output
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is ur periods regular?
User :   no. never. Always it's come with medicine like meperate ...
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   we can help u overcome ur problem
Doctor :   which doctor r u seeing for ur problem
Doctor :   Name of the gynaecologist i mean
User :   I had several doctors but gunasheela infertility centre in bangalore
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did it help u conceive?
User :   they are suggesting for IVF but that needs 1 lacs
Doctor :   u can consult gynaecologist
Doctor :   they would suggest the right treatment
Doctor :   r u overweight
User :   I am 67 kg
Doctor :   what is ur height?
Doctor :   i will calculate the BMI for u
User :   hight is 5ft 3"
Doctor :   Ur BMI is 26
Doctor :   normally Body mass index must be between
User :   is this fine ?
Doctor :   20-24.9
Doctor :   u need to reduce ur weight
Doctor :   chances of u conceive
Doctor :   will increase by 50 %
Doctor :   if u reduce weight
Doctor :   u need good diet control and exercise for that
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i will give u a link
Doctor :   u can get diet advise
Doctor :   r u there
User :   yes
Doctor :   I would recommend you to take the advice of a nutritionist who can help you with the menu you require based on your diet patterns. For all weight problems, please visit and register at, you can also call them alternatively at 0000

Doctor :   Chihealth provides an exclusive 3 member team for all your needs which comprises of a Dietician, a Fitness/Physio expert and a Doctor through both online and offline support, or call them at 0000
Doctor :   ok
User :   but what about pcod and irregular period.
Doctor :   u might need ovulation induction drugs
Doctor :   and drugs which will regularize ur periods
Doctor :   once ur periods become regular
Doctor :   ur chances of conceiving increases
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   we can fix up appointment with specialist if u wish so
User :   but I do not know any drugs like this
Doctor :   gynaecologist will explain this
Doctor :   when u meet them
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   confirm ur details
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY

Mobile : 0000
Doctor :   when would u like to have appointment
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Have you filled the feedback form which I have sent?
User :   yes,any time on sat or sun but if it is available online it's fine
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   u need to see them in person
Doctor :   we will fix appointment for u
Doctor :   r u there
User :   yes
Doctor :   Please confirm your details and One of our doctors will get back to you soon with all the relevant details.
User :   it's confirmed
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   no
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
User :   how to increase fertility
User :   what should be diet
Doctor :   to the best of my knowledge there is no specific diet that helps i increasing the fertility
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor