Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Getting pain on one side of body from neck to leg. What should it be? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 20-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you today?
User:From last 4 days I am getting pain on complete left part of my body
User:Right from Neck to Leg
User:I feel like some nerve has bulged near my Knee
User:Is this because of some stress or any problem?
Doctor:It usually happens as a result of herpes infections
Doctor:But there can be other causes too
User:what is it
Doctor:It is a viral infection
Doctor:It can cause fluid filled lesions on face particularly lips
Doctor:Chicken pox can also cause similar symptoms
Doctor:I think that you need evaluation by a neurologist
User:I get this kind of pain frequently
User:sometimes I use volini to get rid of pain and it goes off sometimes
Doctor:Is it on whole of body?
User:Is this also something which comes with sinus problem?
User:yes pain on whole body left part, I use volini on my leg and hip
Doctor:Is it just some parts on left side?
User:Not some parts.. Its XXXXXXX whole part right from Neck, shoulder,Hip to Leg.. Its like pain flows from next to leg
Doctor:What do you think is the cause?
Doctor:Did something unusual happen before the start of symptoms?
Doctor:Do you have hypertension or diabetes?
Doctor:Usually if nerves are affected at neck it will produce symptoms in shoulder and arm or chest
Doctor:If it goes down to leg, multiple nerves are getting affected
User:As far I know I dont have any hypertension or diabetes
Doctor:Do you have any tingling or numbness in the affected areas
User:Its just pain
User:If I press on leg near knee, I could feel the pain
Doctor:You should take calcium supplements and vitamin B12 till a diagnosis is made
Doctor:How about pain when pressing on hip or chest?
User:Yes pain in hip too.. sometimes lot of pain
User:But I dont have any pain in chest
User:ya sure.. I can take if that helps
Doctor:Still you will need consultation
User:Do I need to consult neurologist directly or general physician
Doctor:Do not take risk with that type of pain
User:ohh ok
Doctor:Neurologist is better
Doctor:After ruling out neurological conditions, you may consult an XXXXXXX medicine specialist
User:ya sure I shall do it
User:I can make it to doctor on saturday. Do u suggest any pain killer meanwhile?
Doctor:Yes you can try brufen 200 mg
Doctor:2 - 3 times a day
Doctor:Do you have any other question?\
User:Nope.. I shall take that tablet
User:Thanks alot for your suggestion
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me
User:Have a good day. Bye
Doctor:You too
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor