Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Getting mild allergy problem after travelling. Any cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 03-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Asthma and Allergy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:My mother has come to Hyderabad from Manipal about a month ago and ever since has been suffering from a mild allergic reaction.
User:Not sure what is the reason.
Doctor:Allergy can be to a variety of things
User:She feels tingling on her nose and eyes along with series of sneezes
Doctor:It can be due to change in weather, dust, smoke, pollen
Doctor:lots of things
User:If she takes an anti allergic like ALLEGRA 120; it subsides for a day or 2 but reoccurs
Doctor:Is the weather in Manipal significantly different from that in Hyderabad?
Doctor:There are a few things she can do XXXXXX
Doctor:First, she should take steam inhalation
Doctor:twice a day
User:Yes. Manipal is a sea side town, high humidity
User:hyderabad is dry
Doctor:Second, she should take tulsi tea
Doctor:It will help a lot
Doctor:The Allegra will also help
Doctor:and she should minimize exposure to extreme temperatures
Doctor:I think it can be due to the dust or change in tenperature
Doctor:The steam should help a lot
Doctor:She should always try and keep herself slightly warm
User:ok doctor; we will try these,
Doctor:at night, if you put on a hot plate
Doctor:and put a pan of water on that
Doctor:it will humidify the room
Doctor:it should significantly help
Doctor:I think thats what is required
User:Right. Thanks much
Doctor:The tulsi tea and steam particularly
User:Thankyou for your time!
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me
Doctor:Take care
Doctor:Have a great day ahead
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor