Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Get stomach pain when have food from outside. Any danger? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 04-Oct-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:hello doctor
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:i have sm health issues from past 6 months regarding digestive process
Doctor:Please elaborate.
User:Whenever i am having smthg feeling some stomach problem
Doctor:I would like to know what you mean by stomach problem.
User:stomach ache like feeling to go for letrin
Doctor:Can you describe the pain?
User:especially when i had outside food
Doctor:Which part of the abdomen do you perceive this pain?
Doctor:Is the pain like cramps, burning sensation?
User:after my lunch or dinner i have to go for letrin within 5 mins
User:and also i cant control not even a single minute
Doctor:You will need to describe better. Is the ache like crampy pain or a burning type of pain?
User:something like loose motion
Doctor:May I know your age and gender?
User:31 years male
Doctor:Do you have any other known medical illness like diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid problem?
Doctor:What you describe is a gastrocolic reflex. A reflex trigger to pass stools immediately after food.
Doctor:This reflex is normally seen in infants.
User:k do you have any medicine for this
Doctor:However in a few individual this condition is seen in adults especially those who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome.
Doctor:This condition is a chronic condition where there is no specific medication.
Doctor:it needs more of dietary and life style changes.
User:so i have to suffer my whole life like this
Doctor:You need to eat small and frequent meals; eat low spicy food and practice yoga and physical exercise.
Doctor:If symptoms don't improve then there are few medications that can be tried.
Doctor:Drugs like antidepressant imipramine or antibiotic like rifaximin is used.
User:k fine thanks a lot for your suggestion i will do for one week
Doctor:Both these drugs have its own side effect profile
Doctor:therefore it is used only in specific cases under the guidance of a gastroenterologist.
Doctor:Please note that any form of treatment for this condition
Doctor:is not going to give you benefits in a short period of 1 week.
User:k i will do it for 6 months if not i will take these to medications
Doctor:Measures need to continue for long duration and need to be constantly reasssed by gastroenterologist.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:I have to close the chat as you are not responding.
Doctor:You can chat with us 24/7 if you have any more questions.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor