Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Genital yeast infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
User :   good afternoon, i went to see the doctor for a yeast infection in feb 2010 and they gave me some cream which only helped for that week i have been suffering from this for a while i believe since i ran out of cream i went and bought over the counter cream and i used it as directed same issue it didnt work i continued my treatment and bought some more because i ran out but this didnt help either so i bought azo yeast pills they have helped me alot more than the creams but i continue to have all the discomfort that i have been having since i started my very first treatment i dont know what to do any more and i have never had sex that is the strangest thing i know we can get yeast infections by other means but this is to much i have pain the front and in the back . please help. thank you.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi doctor
Doctor :   Let me read the query.
Doctor :   Can you describe your symptoms?
User :   yes . i have burning , irritation , redness, some discharge but very little. i cant stand being sitting down to long because it starts to hurt and fees like a burning pain sometimes its in the front and sometimes its in the back
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i wear cotton underwear with a panty liner thats what the dr told me to do but that doesnt even help
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Since when are you having these symptoms?
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   it started last year but then it went away and came back really strong this year around in jan.
User :   im 29
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Let me explain it to you.
User :   k
Doctor :   The fungal infections occur whenever there is compromisation of body defense mechanism.
Doctor :   In in your case it the vaginal ph that is responsible for preventing the fungal infection.
User :   another thing doctor that i forgot to mention is that i have irration in my anal area as well same symptoms too did i pass the infection to the back?
Doctor :   Moreover presence of any other bacterial infection, or reduction in the number of the normal commensals that are present in the genitalia.
Doctor :   So along with antifungal medications you would need measures that both these mechanism are preserved.
Doctor :   I shall suggest you a few measures that may help.
Doctor :   1. Continue the present drugs that will treat the present problem, and once the infection is under control, you would have to get a vaginal pH test done.
User :   k
Doctor :   You can get this done by means of using a vaginal pH kit.
Doctor :   The normal pH is acidic.
Doctor :   If it is alkaline, it would indicate presence of other infections.
Doctor :   In such a circumstances, consult your doctor for physical evaluation and evaluation.
Doctor :   2. If you are on who uses douches, then you would be affecting the normal commensals living there.
Doctor :   There by increasing the chances of fungal infections.
Doctor :   So if you use douches, then you may have to avoid those.
Doctor :   Are you following?
User :   yes dr
User :   i dont douche at all
User :   never have
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   3. Since you mentioned the antifungal creams are ineffective, you can use natural measures of treating the condition.
Doctor :   The best nature given treatment for the yeast infections is vinegar.
Doctor :   you may use apple cider vinegar for better effectiveness, along with those medications.
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor