Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Genital warts removal - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I have 3 small warts about 3 inches above my penis in my pubic hair. They are the size of a bb. Is it ok to freeze them with an over-the-counter product like Dr Scholls wart remover?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?
Doctor :   Since when noticed these warts?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Since you are not responding, I shall give you few information on your conditions, which may be useful to you.
Doctor :   Warts on the genital regions are commonly caused by a viral infection, Human papilloma virus.
Doctor :   They spread commonly via sexual transmission.
Doctor :   You may have to confirm this by physical examination and by acetic acid tests.
Doctor :   They can be treated by means of wart removal creams easily.
Doctor :   And in those who are resistent to these creams, required cryo-ablation techniques.
Doctor :   Cryo-ablation is a non invasive procedure done by dermatologist in which these warts are frozen and removed.
Doctor :   You would also need examination of the anal mucosa to look for presence of warts.
Doctor :   presence of warts in the anal mucosa also have to be treated since warts in the anal canal have higher chances of transforming to cancerous lesions.
Doctor :   Apart from these, you would have to avoid unprotected sexual intercourse when ever possible and especially if these warts are present.
Doctor :   And finally your partner needs to be vaccinated against HPV infections through vaccines.
Doctor :   I hope you have followed what I have suggested.
Doctor :   If you have any further queries, please log back and chat with us.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor