Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Genital itching in couples post unprotected intercourse - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can I help you?
User :   ya..i'mxxxx
Doctor :   Hi xxxx
User :   i'm a homoeopathic physician
Doctor :   O
User :   alately, i've been a bit worried abt my husband's health
Doctor :   Thats good
Doctor :   Carry on
User :   we've been married since pat 11 months..
Doctor :   How can i help you
Doctor :   OK
User :   last week, he developed some itchiness over his urethra area.
User :   and the problem continued.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   2day he also observed some small white patches below skin.
User :   there is not much trouble he says....
User :   we are taking hygeinic precautions
User :   washing the ares with water diluted with detol too
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and the undergarments are also ben thouroughly washed.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Does he use condoms
User :   yes.
Doctor :   Do you think he is allergic to them
User :   but my safe period is goin, he didnt use it fora couple of times.
User :   no..i dont think so.
User :   he has been using them ever since we got married.
User :   ven i had mild itiness from 2-3 days.
Doctor :   Do yoiu have any such problems
User :   i'm a bit worried about it.
Doctor :   like itching or discharge
User :   i had itchiness.
User :   it is mild though.
User :   no discharge.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   actually, i also had dyspareunia from some days.
Doctor :   Does he have any urinary problem
User :   we are not getting intimate now though.
User :   no, no trouble...just itching, mild irritation.
User :   i think myu outer vaginal wall has also become sensitive.
User :   whenever i wash that area, i feel burning....i dont like water touchinh happens after intercourse.
User :   should we get tested for chlamydial infection?
Doctor :   It could be a sexual transmitted disease
Doctor :   but i wonder you dont have any discharge
Doctor :   any way it coudl be Candidiasis also
User :   ok
Doctor :   So better go for a consultation and get soem blood and Urine tests done
User :   so, should we wait for some time.
Doctor :   Dyspareunia is certainly in STD
Doctor :   No you go for check up immediately
User :   dyspareunia happens just initially...
Doctor :   Get the urine culture, CBC and vaginal drop examination
User :   ok.
User :   any tests for my husband.
User :   otherwise we are other problem
User :   although initially, i suffered from honeymoon cystitis.
User :   this problem was very long standing.
User :   ultimately was wiped off by homoeopathy.
Doctor :   He should also have all the investiagation and examination done
User :   ok fine doc.
Doctor :   In all STD both the partners should be treated right
User :   yes
Doctor :   The treatment is so advanced that you need one day course
User :   ya.
Doctor :   So better get a physical examination done OK
User :   ok
Doctor :   However we are not prescribing the scheduled drugs here
Doctor :   That puts me off
Doctor :   from prescribing
Doctor :   OK
User :   ye thanx for your help and advice
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   bye
User :   thank you.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor