Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Gastric emptying scintigraphy test - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Hi, I was wondering if you could tell what an abnormal test result would be for a Gastric emptying scintigraphy test?
Doctor :   sure
Doctor :   Please provide these details: Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status, Height and Weight
User :   I'm currently experiencing several symptoms of what I believe could be an intestinal blockage
User :   33, Female, NH, Sales, Married, 5'6 and 155 lbs
User :   I had a procedure done in 2005 (abdominal sacral colpopexy) and have had digestive problems ever since.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   could u please tyep in the report u have
User :   report?
User :   it says 204 minutes
Doctor :   yes
User :   hellp?
User :   hello?
Doctor :   gastric emptying scintigraphy test will permit evaluation of how ingested food moves through your stomach and gastrointestinal
User :   I know - and my test result says it took 204 minutes...
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   any other medical problems
Doctor :   u have other than this
Doctor :   i mean any symptoms

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor