Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Ganglion above palm, surgical removal of malignant lump in breast - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   hello
User :   i hv a query
Doctor :   please go ahead
User :   i hv a small lump in ma hand
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   where in the hand?
User :   itz hard n lyk a small stone
User :   itz small
Doctor :   ok
User :   near ma fingers
Doctor :   ok
User :   jst above ma palm
Doctor :   does it move around inside freely?
User :   no
Doctor :   is it the size of a marble or smaller?
User :   itz fixed
Doctor :   ok
User :   smaller
Doctor :   ok
User :   wat it may b
Doctor :   is there any recent increase in size?
Doctor :   is there any pain?
User :   nope
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   its probably a condition called Ganglion
User :   ohhk
Doctor :   it is a harmless swelling seen in some people
User :   is it serious
Doctor :   no
User :   ok
User :   thanx
Doctor :   it does not cause any affects
User :   1 more querry
Doctor :   you can either get it removed surgically for cosmetic reasons
User :   1 f ma frnd is havin 1 lump in her breast
Doctor :   or you can just leave it like that
Doctor :   ok
User :   is tat serious
Doctor :   since when?
User :   c is havin it 4 d last 2 yrs
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
Doctor :   of your friend
User :   no symptomz
User :   ya
User :   26 age
User :   itz movable
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   any pain?
User :   no i think
User :   itz hard
User :   bt in same syz
Doctor :   i suggest that you ask your friend to directly chat with us
Doctor :   as there may be details that would be known only to her
User :   c is nw wit me
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is there any pain?
User : c press..sumtumz c feels
Doctor :   ok
User :   itz minor
Doctor :   are her periods regular?
User :   yeah
Doctor :   is it firm in consistency?
Doctor :   firm to feel?
User :   itz hard bt movable
Doctor :   ok
User :   itz nt v. insyde
Doctor :   it may be a condition called Fibroadenoma
User :   jst below her neck n in rt syd
Doctor :   it is also a harmless swelling
Doctor :   it can be removed with a minor surgery
User :   wat is fibrodenoma?
Doctor :   with a little incision
Doctor :   it is a harmless breast lump
Doctor :   occurs in young females
User :   ok
Doctor :   she first needs to get it examined by a general surgeon
Doctor :   and then surgery can be planned
User :   ok
Doctor :   some times they go away by themselves
User :   is tat serious
Doctor :   no
User :   ok
User :   itz hard
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   it feels that way
User :   wat r d symptomz f cancerous lump
Doctor :   occurs commonly in old ladies with a hard lump which is fixed
User :   ohh
User :   itz movable meanz nt malignant rt..?
Doctor :   not always
Doctor :   also her age goes against it
User :   syz is more dn 5 mm..lyk a stone
Doctor :   ok
User :   ohh
User :   nywaz thanx a lot
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   she should get it examined by a general surgeon
Doctor :   and if possible get it removed
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor