Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Fungal infection in the genital area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   hi
User :   ok, so i'll get right to the question
Doctor :   yes, please
User :   why do i have itching and um burning in the genital area
User :   but im still a virgin
User :   so it cant be an std
User :   (this is free right?)
Doctor :   It can be a INTERTRIGO commonly due to fungal infection or dampness
Doctor :   not related to the virginity
Doctor :   and not an STD
User :   so what do i do?
User :   take showers twice a day
Doctor :   Apply MICANAZOLE oint twice a day after good cleaning
User :   where do i get that?
Doctor :   taking showers may help but keeping the affected area dry is a must
User :   ok
Doctor :   you wiul get the oint in any Pharmacy
Doctor :   Will*
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   Take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor