Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Frequent stye infection in eyes. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:Hello Doctor
Doctor:How are you doing?
User:Good Doctor
User:I am having few queries
Doctor:Please go ahead
User:Now days i am frequently having a Stye infection on my eyes...what should i do
Doctor:Do you work for long hours in front of the computer?
Doctor:Do you feel any excessive strain on your eyes?
User:and i put XXXXXXX also....I had also changd the brand 2-3 times
Doctor:actually XXXXXXX there are some things that think you need to do
Doctor:First is you would need to stop rubbing your eyes if you do so
User:No i dont rub my eyes
Doctor:Also, once you have stye , the XXXXXXX that you use should not be used when the stye becomes ok
Doctor:Its not the brand, I think, as long as you use a good brand
User:yes doctor i had already changed it 3-4 times
Doctor:What I mean is
Doctor:for example you have stye today and you're using 1 XXXXXXX pencil
Doctor:after 3 days, it becomes ok
Doctor:I dont want you to use the same pencil again after 3 ddays
Doctor:It will re-infect your eyes
User:yes doctor i am doing the same,i dont use that XXXXXXX again ....The problem i see is due to XXXXXXX only...
Doctor:Also, you should be taking frequent breaks
User:but what precautions i can take
Doctor:I am telling you
Doctor:Take frequent breaks
Doctor:every 20 minutes, you should look away for atleast 20 seconds
Doctor:at some distant object
Doctor:also, reduce the glare of your screen
Doctor:this will reduce the strain on your eyes
Doctor:you should also not share your eye makeup with anybody else
Doctor:and whatever you use should be kept absolutely clean
User:I am sorry i am asking a very stupid question ,but if you can suggest good brancd XXXXXXX
Doctor:also, wash your hands regularly
Doctor:You can use any brand
Doctor:Himalaya is ok I think
Doctor:There is no stupid question, XXXXXXX
User:Ok Doctor...Thanks
Doctor:If it was related to your field, I may be asking you the same questions
User:One more thing i wanted to ask
Doctor:I think washing your hands, getting rid of old XXXXXXX and not touching your eyes
Doctor:These are the most important things
Doctor:Sure, go ahead
User:In the month of Feb I was disgonis with stone of 3mm near left side of stomach,due to which i was hospiataloised
User:after the treatment now on sunday again,i had got the same pain but on right side below the abdomen
Doctor:What treatment did you undergo?
User:now the doctor says this is a fresh stone
User:Through medicine
Doctor:I assume you are talking about gall bladder stones
User:No both the time the stone was in urinary tract...but creating the obstruction in kidney
Doctor:Have you considered getting them removed?
User:Now second time the stone was also not diagoned ,but as per symptons and swelling in the urinary tract they are assuming its a stone
User:The first one got removed with med...
Doctor:Do you know what was the nature of the stones?
Doctor:Oxalate or uric acid stones?
User:No i had no idea...becase last time it got dissolve pass through urine
Doctor:what was the drug you took?
User:I dont remeber the name of med i mean the antibitic bu the solution that i took is STON1B6
User:and a home remedy of Kulath ki daal
Doctor:I think what you need to do is have lots of water and avoid certain foods
Doctor:You should avoid non vegetarian food, dal, rajma, chana
Doctor:and things like tomato, spinach
Doctor:They have certain ingredients which increase the level of oxalate and uric acid in the body
Doctor:This predisposes you to stones
User:i had already stopped these things
User:but i am rhuematic arthrites patient also,somebody told me that stome develop due to calcium allso ,so what should i do
User:actually i dont now that my stone is developing again and again of what reason
Doctor:Has a uric acid level been done for you?
User:yes ,i think so,not sure
Doctor:and serum creatinine and urine examination?
User:Urine examination had done
Doctor:all these investigations were normal?
User:serum -need to check ..i was in hospital emergency on sunday so no idea
Doctor:I would suggest you see a urologist XXXXXXX
Doctor:This needs management as you need a 24 hour urinary examination and kidney function tests
Doctor:also, since you have rheumatoid arthritis, we would have to manage accordingly
User:Doc i stay in gurgaon but would you able to help me with good urologist...Actually in the past i had a very bad experience
Doctor:You can go to Medanta
Doctor:I'll get my customer care team to fix an appointment for you
User:which doctore should see
User:Okie thanks
Doctor:Is there anything else I can help you with?
User:Thnaks a tonn doctor
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor