Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Frequent chronic yeast infections, medication, use of vinegar douches - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   i have a few questions for you
Doctor :   Please proceed
User :   So im experiencing chronic yeast infections that are not clearing up. i have gone to my family doctor and she always rushes me out and just says do this treatment and nothing seems to be working. im very frustrated and need help
User :   i have told her to check me for diabetes and she gave me a glucose test and i havent recived a call. it only happens in spring and summer for the last 2 years.
Doctor :   May i know your age and gender ?
User :   yes i am 20 years old and im a female
Doctor :   Is the diagnosis of Thrush confirmed ?
User :   thats the thing she checks and then says yes there is some yeast there and then give me medication within 5 minutes.
Doctor :   If the treatment is not working since long , efforts should be made to confirm the diagnosis
User :   ok. i wasnt having these frequent yeast infections when i was on birth control until i took yaz.
Doctor :   ok, yes, that one chance where due to the hormones in the medication will affect the Ph ( acidity ) of the vaginal secretions and make the genitalia prone for infections
User :   is it possible for the birth control to prevent the yeast infections from commingback?
Doctor :   No , there is no direct relation to comment on
User :   hmm ok. So do you think its possible that it isnt a yeast infection if it goes away for about 2 days and then comes back?
Doctor :   Yes, there are fair possibilities it to be another fungal infections , but its better to rule out the same so that you can put on special newer treatment if its drug resistant yeast
Doctor :   Just ask them to get a fungal culture , the test shows what actually is causing the infection
Doctor :   If it shows yeast then do go for VORICANAZOLE drug course other than regular anti yeast medications
User :   is that available in Canada?
Doctor :   Yes, very much
User :   ok perfect. well i won be able to see my family doctor because it takes two months to get into her so hopefully the on duty doctor can help me.
Doctor :   Its VFEND,the brand name in Canada
User :   will it prevent the yeast infections?
Doctor :   yes, there are very good results with drug in resistant and recurrent yeast infections
User :   wow that awesome to hear. im a little upset that none of the doctors here have told me about it and just sent me on my way.
Doctor :   do not worry , its a newer drug , may be the knowledge is meagre about the same
User :   oooh i understand. i can just feel the infectin spreading in my areas down there and its becomming very uncomfortable
Doctor :   Do not worry , go for the treatment it will surely help
User :   ok perfect. is there any other advice you can give me?
Doctor :   Yes, have you used Vinegar douches
User :   no i have not. is that something to do on a regular basis?
Doctor :   No , you can use it twice every week
Doctor :   Do you know of it ?
User :   no ive never heard of that before
Doctor :   ts just the regular vaginal douches either dipped in dilute solution vinegar or put drop of diluted vinegar on the douches and insert
User :   and thatsanother prevention method or cure?
Doctor :   its both. to prevent and also cures
Doctor :   but not strong enough
User :   k awesome. very good to know!!
Doctor :   will surely show some relief
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor