Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Frequent and burning sensation while urinating,pain on sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can i help you?
User :   Hi doctor, I believe that I have a unrinary tract infection.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   What symptoms do you have?
User :   I feel a burning sensation, I go to the bathroom alot and it hurts a little when my husband is entering in the moment of sex.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   I suggest that you drink plenty of fluids, as it flushes out the infection to an extent.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Also i suggest that you apply hot fomentation on your lower belly
Doctor :   to reduce pain and irritation.
Doctor :   Also avoid excess coffee, tea and spicy foods.
Doctor :   Avoid alcohol as it can sometimes irritate the bladder.
Doctor :   You should get a Complete Urine Examination done.
Doctor :   You should consult a Urologist Or a Physician and get antibiotics prescribed
User :   OK. I have not had my period for a month I believe that I am pregnant. But I did a home pregnancy test. But it came out negative. My question is Can a urinary infection stop a pregnancy test from working
Doctor :   You need to be evaluated for that. Are you having any white discharge?
User :   Yes alot.
User :   I had cramp for 3 weeks already and my breast are very sensitive.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Then rather than a Urologist, you should see a gyneacologist.
Doctor :   You seem to be suffering from an STD.
Doctor :   You may need a scan and physical examination.
Doctor :   A pap smear may also be done.
Doctor :   I suggest you consult a Gynaec and get yourself checked up.
User :   An STD is when my partner has a disease right.
Doctor :   Yes.
Doctor :   Transmitted through sexual contact.
Doctor :   I also suggest that you get your partner checked too.
User :   Ok Thank you very much and thank you for your time.
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor