Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Frenulum tear - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi
User :   anyone there
User :   ?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   I have one query
Doctor :   How can I help you ?
Doctor :   Please go ahead .
User :   while having sex with my wife.. the inner skin of my penis got torned and blood came out
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   its been 2 weeks since it happened
User :   yesterday again we tried, but still the pain is there and blood came
Doctor :   ok.
User :   is it normal ?
User :   is there any medication
User :   ?
Doctor :   It is very normal .
May I know your age , and when you have got married ?
User :   I am 31
User :   married in 2009
Doctor :   How much blood has oozed out ?
User :   first time it was quite a lot..
User :   yesterday it was not much. but it was paining..
User :   u there ???
Doctor :   Ok, Do you have a skin fold/ connection flap connecting the fore skin which is retractable and the inner skin at the posterior side or back of the shaft of the penis ?
User :   I am sorry but I couldnt get u
Doctor :   Ok, The skin that has got torn and from which blood has come is called frenulum.
Doctor :   It is very common to have a tear there and blood oozing out from there .
User :   ok
Doctor :   There is no need to worry.
User :   but is there any medication..
User :   how much time it takes to heal
Doctor :   It will subside , or may tear compltely and a surgical correction is called Circumscicion.
User :   ok
Doctor :   It depends, as some may have a tear till it is compltely detached , and everytime you have an intercourse then yu may have pain till at least 2-3 months , and once it is completely torn, there is no issue at all.
Doctor :   I would suggest two ointments : User :   so u mean to say it will take around 2-3 months
Doctor :   1. Kamillosan ointment in the morning after bath.
Doctor :   It is the max. time.
Doctor :   it may be less.
Doctor :   2. Soframycin/Clindamycin ointment in the evening after bath.
User :   this ointment should be put at the torn area
Doctor :   3. To avoid pain during intercourse, I would advise you to use Xylocaine 2% gel.
Doctor :   Yes.You are right.
User :   this gel will avoid pain during intercourse.. but what abt the blood which will come
Doctor :   It is a physiological process and will come out, if you want to avoid this, the best thing would be a one time Circumscicion, which will take 5 mins. hardly.
Doctor :   It is very common in all jews and moslems and is a very safe and medically astute procedure.
User :   so i need to go to a doctor for circumscicion ??
User :   otherwise it will heal itself it i use the ointments ...
Doctor :   Yes, I would say that half of the surgery is almost over while you had an intercourse , so it is just a small part that has to be incised, very easy procedure.
Doctor :   Yes, that is right, it will heal on itself.
User :   hmm.. ok
Doctor :   Doont worry.It will take some time.
User :   thanks doc for the advice...
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me, Take care, Bye for now.
User :   bye..
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor