Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Forehead injury, red patch, splitting pain, strong and throbbing pain. What can be wrong? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Headache and Migraines
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Yesterday night I got hit by mistake
User:on the forehead
User:by a swinging door
User:Although there is not much visible scarring except for a small red patch
User:However ever since Morining
User:I have been experiencing splitting pain
User:on that side of head
User:The pain is quite strong and throbbing
User:I do not know whether this is naturallly a result of the injury
User:or whether it is due to some other problem because of that injury
Doctor:Have you had such headaches in the past?
Doctor:Do you have nausea/vomiting?
Doctor:Did you lose consciousnesses after the injury?
Doctor:Is there any swelling at the site of injury?
User:Yes a little bit on the forehead and close to the temple
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Head injuries are of various types depending on the severity.
Doctor:The most severe injuries renders the person unconsciousness.
Doctor:Mild one is asymptomatic.
Doctor:In between these 2 spectrum we have concussion injuries, subarachnoid hemorrhage, intracranial bleeds and so on.
Doctor:The injury you described, practically such injuries hardly produces any symptoms and in all possibilities can be labelled asymptomatic mild ones.
User:Please Proceed
Doctor:However presence of any symptoms such as headache, nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness is sought with suspicion.
Doctor:Without a scan it would be impossible to label the severity of injury.
Doctor:However since you did not any have any symptoms at the time of injury and you do not have any other associated symptoms with the headache
Doctor:I would suggest you to try Paracetamol based drugs like Tab. Dolo 650mg now and rest well.
User:Okk...I will take that
Doctor:You can consider visiting a hospital and scan if the severity of headache worsens or if you develop additional symptoms as vomiting, nausea, giddiness, blurring vision or altered consciousness.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:Yeah I will definitely do that
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:No thanks Doctor
User:Is there
User:a specialist for such kind of cases or can
User:I go to a general physician
Doctor:Head injuries are managed by neurosurgeon.
Doctor:However you can visit a general physician for assesment.
User:thanks Doc
Doctor:He/she can perform a basic examination and refer to a neurosurgeon if needed.
Doctor:Hope that suffices.
Doctor:Do you have any other queries?
User:Yeah it does
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor