Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Folliculitis bump between the anus and testicles - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr.
User :   Hello
User :   I have a small bump on my inner left butt cheak... where the cheak meets the thi
User :   been there for like 2 1/2 weeks
Doctor :   Can you describe the location clearly, I did not understand it?
Doctor :   is it buttocks
User :   it's on buttocks cheak yes the inner part
User :   between the anus and testicles
Doctor :   What is the size of the bump?
Doctor :   Does it pain?
Doctor :   Is it discharging pus?
User :   no discharge... it does not hurt.. it is smaller than a pea
Doctor :   Since how long are you having this?
User :   for about 2 weeks
Doctor :   Is it increasing in size?
User :   no...
Doctor :   Did you use any medicine?
Doctor :   or shown to a doctor?
User :   I've been putting polysporin on it.... today I put some witchhazel
User :   i have not seen a doctor
Doctor :   Does it hurt whne you loo or walk?
Doctor :   because it attracts lot of friction during walk
User :   no discomfort when I walk or sit
Doctor :   Do you have pain during stools or see blood in the stools
User :   no blood in stool... or pain
Doctor :   As per your description it seems to be a common skin infection, probably a superficial one in the form of folliculitis
Doctor :   It should not be worrisome
Doctor :   You can apply, an over the counter antiseptic which has Neosporin / Framycetin in it
Doctor :   thrice a day
Doctor :   Keep the area dry with rubbing with clean towel
Doctor :   as moisture retention can multiply micros
Doctor :   organisms
User :   how long do you think it will take to get rid of?
Doctor :   A week as per my experience
User :   OK I will keep applying the ointment
Doctor :   If it discharges pus, then you might need an Oral antibiotic
Doctor :   Keep a check on it physical appearance
Doctor :   and size
User :   I will... I am relived .. I was worried it could be serious
Doctor :   I hope you do not have similar bumps else where in the body and this is new
Doctor :   Do you have diabetes?
User :   this is new... I do not have diabetes
Doctor :   Ok that is better
Doctor :   Do you have any more queries
User :   no... Thank you very much
Doctor :   Pleasure here too
Doctor :   Bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor