Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Fluid in middle ear, block in the Eustachian tube - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1774 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can i help you?
User :   Hello Doctor (:. I went to my local doctor and seen my ear. said i got some fluid behind the ear drum. He told me to go to an ENT specialist. That i will be getting ear tubes. Everytime i burp i feel that my ear drums get more stuffed. Does this mean i have fluid behind my ear?
Doctor :   it means there is a block in the eusthescian tube

User :   And what will be the remedy for that? ear tubes?
Doctor :   need to visit the ent doctor to find out what is cause for the block
Doctor :  
is it fluid or mass or pressure difference
Doctor :   once the cause is found than the treatment is advised
Doctor :  
in you case it is fluid as you already told
Doctor :  
did you suffer from sorethroat recently?

Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor