Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Finger tip injury of child - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   hello my sun crushed/cut (badly) his finger tip when a glass coffe table fell on it had stitches and a bandage for a week and then the hospital removed the bandage and gave us some sticky plaster strips to change every few days. at first the finger had some colour but now the damaged tip section has turned white which has worried me a bit. any ideas
Doctor :   he needs debridation
User :   what is that
Doctor :   clearing the debris on the wound
Doctor :   is there any scab on the finger ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   In that case, usually production of more keratin, can appear as a excessive whitish
User :   so its nothing serious
Doctor :   no
User :   should i just carry on using a plaster
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor