Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Feeling palpitation in food pipe. Should I be concerned? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 07-Dec-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:hi Doctor
User:my question is
User:Hi, At times i feel some thing/palpitation (It could be gas or something else and the feeling stays for just seconds) in the food pipe.I would like to know if i should get it checked.
Doctor:Generally if the problem arises from heart it last over 10 minutes
Doctor:so your problem caould be in teh food pipe
User:its just for 2-3 sec
Doctor:so you can try with simple antacids
Doctor:like GELUSIL MPS tablet or simple syrup
Doctor:whenever it comes
Doctor:also try not to swallow air
Doctor:that causes bloating
User:how do i do it
Doctor:That means concentrate on what you eat
Doctor:do not talk or watch tv while you eat
User:i completely concentrate on my food when i eat
Doctor:No aerated drink
User:not at all
Doctor:ok that means you may not be swallowing air
Doctor:ok you can take the antacid
Doctor:and observe for few days
Doctor:and then check with the doctor
Doctor:Did you follow?
Doctor:Do you have any query?
User:whn i first tym took a notice of this strange feeling
User:i consultted a doctor
User:and took an ECG but evry thing was normal
User:and also the doctor suggested that it cud because of stress
Doctor:ok fine
Doctor:stress does not appear it is a feeling
Doctor:so you can concentrate and try the ways to deal with it
Doctor:There are ways to do it
Doctor:you can talk to counselor
Doctor:by giving him situaitons
Doctor:he can guide you how to deal with them
User:yes doctor
Doctor:so put them in practice
User:thank you for you help
Doctor:Thank you for visiting
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor