Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Feeling pain in ear while drinking water or eating something. What could be the cause? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 06-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1525 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:This is XXXXXXX
Doctor:Yes, XXXXXXX
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:i am feeling pain on my left ear while drinking water or eating something...
User:and point pain sometimes in the ear...
User:yesterday early morning i raid a bike from railway station, is that a problem..?
Doctor:Since when are you having this pai?
User:since yesterday.
Doctor:Are you having nasal congestion, sorethroat or fever?
Doctor:Any discharge from the ear?
Doctor:Any ringing sensation in the ear?
Doctor:Any difficulties with hearing?
User:and i am feeling more sensitive on my left side on my head also...
User:no i don't get any discharge and hearing problem...
User:slightly itching also...
User:yesterday morning i was feeling little bit fever... but after i took a short sleep.. it went off
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Ear pain can arise due to direct ear problems or
Doctor:as a result of referred pain.
Doctor:Driving in a cold weather without much protection can cause ear congestion.
Doctor:This can explain your symptoms.
User:ok doctor...
Doctor:Besides that throat problems or jaw problems can cause referred pain to the ear.
Doctor:Without a clinical examination, I cannot differentiate which amongst these are the cause of pain.
Doctor:At this point, I don't feel you have something serious.
User:oh ok... what you suggest for me as a quick remady
Doctor:My suggestions to you are:
Doctor:1. Take some pain killer tablets for pain relief.
Doctor:2. Drink warm water and avoid anything cold and refrigerated.
Doctor:3. You can try chewing a gum. It helps in relieving ear congestions.
User:ok.. i would try those..
Doctor:4. Monitor the progress of symptoms.
Doctor:if you develop additional symptoms such as increased pain, sorethroat, fever, ear discharge or if the increased sensitivity that you described becomes severe
Doctor:you will need to consult an ENT specialist
Doctor:for examination.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor