Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Feeling breathless, chest pain. ECG normal. Where to get required tests for diagnosis? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 19-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:hiii doc
Doctor:Please proceed with the query.
User:Dr.. i am feeling breathlessness since a week
Doctor:How old are you?
User:i am 24 years old
Doctor:Do you have any medical illness?Are you taking any tablets?
Doctor:Do you have chest pain,
Doctor:increased heart rate, acidity,gas?
Doctor:are you there
Doctor:are you there
Doctor:are you there
User:sorry my pc was not responding
Doctor:No problem
User:i feel breathlessness while i am lying down, riding bike/cycle
User:sometimes feel chest pain while riding bike/cycle
Doctor:ok, have you done ecg previously
User:heart rate i am not sure about
User:and no gas problems
Doctor:Do you have any family history of heart disease?
User:i think i had done ecg 5-6 months back..but not sure
Doctor:have you done ecg previously
Doctor:Was it normal?
Doctor:Do you have left arm pain, jaw pain when you have chest pain?
User:its 1 week- 10 days since i felt this
Doctor:what is your body weight and height?
User:height 5.6
User:weight 79
Doctor:Your weight is slightly higher
User:ya..m working towards it...
Doctor:You can do a lipid profile test once
Doctor:To see if any cholestrol is there
Doctor:Do you eat fatty food, non veg ?
User:fatty foods ...yes..
Doctor:In moderation or excess?
User:dont eat non-veg
Doctor:How many times do you exercise,are you doing this recently or from long back
User:i have been cycling since past 6 months...on weekends
Doctor:ok might be you are not accustomed to this,try to do this every day if possible
Doctor:otherwise weekly twice you might feel difficulty getting used to it
Doctor:also exercises first like warming up
Doctor:then start cycling
User:i feel this the most when i lie down...or go to sleep at night even without any workout
Doctor:I think you need to undergo echocardiogram once
Doctor:nothing to worry
Doctor:but still it is better to do
Doctor:otherwise even you will be tensed
User:ya.. i am
Doctor:along with lipid profile
User:where can i get this test done?
Doctor:Do not take tension, reduce all fatty food, eat healthy, try walking instead of using lifts
Doctor:In any lab like Raghavs in bangalore
User:i m from mumbai
Doctor:You can get this done in any hospital
Doctor:Or lab
Doctor:If you are under stress, even this can happen.
Doctor:So relax.
Doctor:Do you have any more queries.
Doctor:Kindly login for further queries.
Doctor:Have a good day
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor