Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Facial numbness and wrist pain due to Rheumatoid arthritis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Arthritis
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
User :   Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ?
Hi I am a 35 year old female. A few months ago I had facial numbness and wrist pain. MRIs were negative. Now I have moderate joint pain and swelling. My ESR is 27 and my ANA and RA factor are negative. I now also have a rash on my chest. My doctor thinks I have RA and wants me to see a rheumatologist. Can I still have RA with a negative RA factor?
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   let me read your query
Doctor :   RA is a nonspecific sign
Doctor :   that may be positive or negative
Doctor :   its usually negative in about 25% cases,
User :   and does a skin rash usually occur with RA?
Doctor :   yes, when it is accompanied by associated vasculitis
Doctor :   a rashc an occur
User :   Thank you!!
Doctor :   you are most welcome

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor