Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Face getting darker due to sunburn - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   How can I hlp you?
Doctor :   r u thr?
User :   yes sir
Doctor :   ok
User :   need ur help
User :   i need a dermatologist
Doctor :   of course
Doctor :  
User :   let me briefly tell my background
User :   my face is gtng darker
Doctor :   ok
User :   just my face
User :   rest of the body is ok
Doctor :   How old are you and what work do you do?
User :   and sometimes its itches me a lot
User :   28
Doctor :   ok

User :   working in a recruiting company
Doctor :   id it uniform or in patches...
User :   patches
Doctor :   the color change?
Doctor :   ok
User :   yes its darker..
Doctor :   how m long has it been sice the problem started?
User :   more than 4 yrs
User :   i hve consulted a doc
User :   he sd its sun burn
Doctor :   have you taken any medicine?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   was he a dermat?
User :   afer tat no treatment
User :   yes
Doctor :   did your skin- peel off when this problem started?
User :   yes
Doctor :   4 yrs back?
Doctor :   ok
User :   no
Doctor :   It might have been sunburn if your skin peeled off
Doctor :   but the color returns to normal in a case of sunburn most often
Doctor :   You might most probably have a problem called melasma- which is rare in men
Doctor :   r u thr?

Doctor :   Exposure to the sun makes it worse- once it starts
User :   yes sir my ineternet is dwn
User :   due 2 power failure
Doctor :   ok- no probs
User :   but nw its ok
User :   yaa
User :   once i go out
User :   my face looks v dark
Doctor :   the treatment includes topical application creams
Doctor :   But proctection from the sun is very important
User :   yes i protect wearing a cap

User :   n i dnt go out in the sun
Doctor :   Since it has been 4 years since it started, you need to see a dermatologist- he will suggest

User :   ok....can u sgeest some hoem remeides
Doctor :   the most appropriate after examining your skin
Doctor :   because you have the problem in patches, it is better you avoid any home treatment
Doctor :   until the cause is diagnosed
User :   ok

User :   whos the best doctor 2 consult in bangalore
User :   shoudnt be tat expensive
Doctor :   there are lots of good dermats

Doctor :   which area are you n?
User :   marathalli...
Doctor :   will call you to help you out further or you can call him- the consultation
User :   some clsoe by palces will be gud
User :   ok
Doctor :   will not be very expensive
User :   ok
User :   url...pls of the hospital
Doctor :   I dont know the url

Doctor :   but it is the best equipped hospital in this area
Doctor :   if you want to go to a different area
Doctor :   I can
User :   ok thks
Doctor :   suggest other hospitals
User :   sure
Doctor :   they have good dermatology department s
Doctor :   * apollo
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   no tks...sir
User :   hv a nice day
Doctor :   you too
User :   by
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor