Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Eye swelling due to stye or chalizion - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXXXXXX here
User :   i recently (in the last 2 weeks) been having quiet a bit of pain on my right eyelid and then (in the last week) my right eyelid started to get a little bit red and then i noticed a lump in the under side of my bottom eyelid and everyday it gets a little bit more painful and more noticeable and there is no discharge so i have no clue what it is and im starting to get really worried please help
Doctor :   how can I help You?
Doctor :   let me read what You have typed
User :   ok
Doctor :   Ok there are 2 or 3 possibilities
User :   and by the way im only 14 if that helps
Doctor :   You could be having in laymans terms what we call a stye
User :   ive had a stye before and its not the same
Doctor :   Also called hordeolum
Doctor :   there are 2 types orf styes
User :   ok
Doctor :   You may also be having a condition called inflamed chalizion
Doctor :   chalazion
User :   ok
User :   is it really bad?
Doctor :   Is there any pus point?
Doctor :   I would suggest that u need to show an opththalmologist for treatment
User :   no its just a lump
Doctor :   antibiotic drops
User :   ok
Doctor :   Ok it may need a small surgery but You need a physical examination by ophthalmologist
User :   ok thankyou :)
Doctor :   without examining You I cannot acurately tell You a diagnosis
Doctor :   try hot water fomentation
Doctor :   pain killers may help if pain is very severe
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor