Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Eye pain, redness - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I have severe eye pain, redness, feeling of somethign in my eye
Doctor :   since when
User :   i slept in my contacts on accident now the pain is severe
User :   the redness occured since about a week ago
Doctor :   do u have watering in eye
User :   when i started using new contacts i thought it was just allergies
User :   yes
Doctor :   is there any discharge from the eyes?
Doctor :   stickness?
User :   yes sometimes a mucus

Doctor :   u need to consult an eye specialist
Doctor :   u may have conjunctivitis
User :   its thanksgiving ... there are none open today
Doctor :   do u have fever as well
User :   no fever
Doctor :   u need to visit a physician
Doctor :   if not
Doctor :   at the earliest
User :   will they be able to help me? or will they just give me eye drops
Doctor :   yes they would prescribe eye drops
User :   alright thanks
Doctor :   it could be just u need to maintain contact lens hygeine
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor