Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Eye itches, redness. Using topical eye drops. Will it get better? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
Doctor:Proceed with your query.
User:my eye was itching and i rubbed it in the morning
User:now its completely red
User:not paining but watery
User:what should i do
Doctor:Eye itching, redness and watering are features of conjuctivitis.
Doctor:The cause of which is usually allergies or a viral infection.
User:ok so what should be my next steps?
Doctor:You will need topical eye drops containing antibiotic and steroid.
Doctor:You will need to consult your doctor / ophthalmologist
User:any names that you can recommend?
Doctor:who can prescribe you one such preparation.
Doctor:One example of such drops is ciplox D.
User:or should i visit an eye specialist to confirm?
User:thank you
Doctor:your doctor will be able to prescribe
Doctor:it to you
User:thank for now. bye
Doctor:after a thorough eye check up.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor