Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Extremely high BP with chances of stroke and paralysis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   My 99 year old grandmother's blood pressure is 232 over 101. She is in good health for 99 but she is very flush and vomitting. She does not want to go to the hospital should I insist?
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   Dr
User :   Hi
Doctor :   You have to take her to ER now
Doctor :   The BP is very high
Doctor :   and the vomiting could be a sign of intracranial bleed
User :   What is the highest her blood -pressure should be?
Doctor :   she can end up in stroke
Doctor :   For an hypertensive maximum limit would be 180 /100
User :   Is blood pressure high with KIDNEY failure
Doctor :   yes, it can be a cause
User :   She refuses to go to the hospital. Is there anything we can do for her?
Doctor :   I am afraid , its a medical emergency
Doctor :   if the BP reading is right , she can end up in stroke and paralysis
User :   We have been watching her BP for over 4hours now and it hasn't changed. She is refusing to go.
Doctor :   you have to convince her , she is in danger
User :   Okay thank you for your help.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor