Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Extra growth in anus - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi I am pregnant and have found extra growth in anus and no pain but discomfort. I Usually have anal sex with my partner. I found it only few months back and it disappeared and appeared again. My pregnancy due in 1 week and I am worried. Please help
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Have you been diagnosed what the growth exactly is ?
User :   is that a wart?
User :   no not yet
User :   before that I wated to speak to a doctor
Doctor :   That could be a wart .
User :   so STD?
User :   i am married for 1o years and why now?
Doctor :   Yes, could be due to HPV .
Doctor :   Since how long have you been having this anal growth ?
User :   just found few months back and disappeared and appeared now again am full term pregnant now
Doctor :   It could also be rectal prolapse .
User :   will skin medication help in treatment like an ointment?
User :   my due is in one week
Doctor :   Which is very common in third trimester of pregnancy .
User :   ok so whats ur advise doctor
Doctor :   May I ask you a few questions to help you better ?
User :   wait few more months and see?
User :   yes please
Doctor :   1.Do you have Fecal incontinence (inability to control bowel movements)?
User :   yes
Doctor :   2.Do yo have Awareness of something protruding upon wiping ?
User :   sorry kind of constipation not onability
Doctor :   Ok.
3.Do you have Loss of urge to defecate (mostly with larger prolapses)
Doctor :   4. Do you have such feeling : Early in the development of a prolapsed rectum, the protrusion may occur during bowel movements and retract afterwards.
User :   answer for q 1 is no
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   answe for q 2 is no
Doctor :   Ok
User :   answer for q 4 is no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   5. Do you have The swelling becoming more frequent and appearing when you sneeze or cough ?
User :   size of growth is sharp kind and can feel with touch and discomfort
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   It could be 1. A genital wart ; 2 .Rarely a rectal prolapse
User :   so ur advise
Doctor :   I would sugggest you to get a Per-Rectal examination done by the gynecologist immmediately.
Doctor :   I would advise never to participate in anal sex as it cuases - haemarrhoids, rectal prolapse, fissure and many other complications.
User :   can we wait till baby birth?
User :   without going to the doctor before, can we try any medications?
Doctor :   It would be better , if the gynecologist knew about it , if at all it is a rectal prolapse , then they would have to take extra precuations.
Doctor :   For prolapse there is no medical treatment as such except for stool softener.
User :   for wart?
User :   I just have 2 min please advise
Doctor :   For warts , Cauterization is another method of anal warts treatment. Conventional surgery or laser treatment is recommended for more advanced stages of anal warts.
User :   any ointments?
Doctor :   If at all the wart is small, the you are lucky - reatment for anal warts is a simple process as there are various, modern methods available today. An initial inspection of the skin surrounding the anus and the anal canal is done by a doctor using an Anoscope. If small warts are detected, solutions such as bichloracetic or podophyllin acid can be applied to the warts directly.
Doctor :   bichloracetic or podophyllin acid, but has to be confirmed by a gen. surgeon or proctologist first.
User :   little pian is also there
Doctor :   That it is a wart.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   I would advise you to get a anoscopy done
Doctor :   or proctoscopy
User :   thanks bye
Doctor :   or at least a physical examination doen.
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor