Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Exercises for obese teen - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Exercise
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u
User :   hello
User :   Can u please help me in weight loss. :(
Doctor :   sure
User :   I am 18, 83kg, 5ft 8in tall.
User :   How much overweight I am?
Doctor :   u can calculate from our home page ur BMI
Doctor :   i will tel u how to loose weight
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok. thanks a lot :)
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   BMI says 28 :(
User :   there
Doctor :   yep
User :   BMI is 28
Doctor :   ur overweight
User :   how much
User :   how much should I loose?
Doctor :   normally 20-24.8 is fine
User :   So, i should loose 15 KG
User :   but how
Doctor :   yep
User :   I have only 3 months free
Doctor :   u got loose weight
Doctor :   by good diet regimen
Doctor :   and exercise
User :   yea. I am planning to go swmming for 1 hour daily
Doctor :   good
User :   and even I dont each much calorie food
User :   i just eat indian food daily
Doctor :   avoid junk food
Doctor :   like pepsi
Doctor :   chips
Doctor :   less of sweets
Doctor :   A combination of a low fat healthy diet and exercise is the best way to lose weight. You have to maintain the routine strictly even after losing weight to keep it off
User :   I have junk food once per month
Doctor :   cut down that
Doctor :   I would advice you to take the advice of a nutritionist who can help you with the menu's you require based on your diet patterns. You can live chat or post a query at this portal http//
User :   :( okay
Doctor :   Please fill this form I send, and say when done. and say when done.
Doctor :   Remember 7500 Kcal energy deficit shall decrease the weight by one kg.
User :   but how
User :   http// is not there
Doctor :   Jogging for one mile will burn only 150 cal of energy
Doctor :   go to WWW.WWWW.WW User :   Okay. if I swim 2KM a day, then how much caloories will I burn?
Doctor :   approx 300
User :   oh. that less
Doctor :   but depends on weight
Doctor :   u can lose 95 calories
Doctor :   with back stroke
Doctor :   sorry 130
Doctor :   breast stroke-120
Doctor :   k
User :   ok
User :   and with back store
User :   i mean back swmming
Doctor :   stroke
Doctor :   may be 90 cal
Doctor :   u ca check on websites
User :   ok.
Doctor :   its available
Doctor :   anything else i can help u with
User :   and do we loose calories while watching TV
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   u put on weight
Doctor :   u need to do physical exercise
User :   I sit on PC for more than 15 hrs a day
Doctor :   u need to exercise regularly
Doctor :   walk around few times
User :   Hmm.. okay. I got it.
User :   thanks a lot
User :   :)
User :   bye
Doctor :   dont sit at one go for 15 hours
Doctor :   There is a friend referral contest going on. You can win prizes if you refer maximum number of your friends in a day. You can also win Rs. 1000/- per week if the number of your referrals is highest in the week. There will be a form coming up on your screen now.There is a button to import contacts from your Gmail, Yahoo, AOL ID's. Please refer your friends to this service with a click of the button and importing contacts instead of entering the email ids manually.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor