Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Exercises and supplements to enhance height - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi, I am an 25 year old male. I am 5.4"/5.5". I have a lean body and no health issues. My concern is about my height. I just wanted to know is there any possibility that I can increase my age. As I am an XXX height also adds an confidence to my career as any other. Please guide me in this regard.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr XXX here
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   There is always a growth till 30
Doctor :   Then your height is average indian height
Doctor :   Frankly speaking there are no meds for height improvement
Doctor :   It rather an natural process
User :   I just forgot to mention that I was a late born baby to my parents my mother was 45 and my father was 50
User :   Ok
Doctor :   The only means we can facilitate netter height is hanging from a pole
Doctor :   Thats has no issues to height
Doctor :   You just work up on more pull ups that will show some improvement
Doctor :   You should always be confident with self so will not have any issues
Doctor :   You fall in normal indian male height values
User :   Well I can try on pull ups and stretching exercises, in addition I am looking for some kind of suppliment that can boot my height
Doctor :   Make your food habits regular and healthy so that you can build up better body and physique
Doctor :   That can divert you from height concerns
Doctor :   As said there are no supplements for height boosting
Doctor :   Just follow healthy diet
User :   Frankly I did a small research on some of them, L-Arginine/L-Ornithine/HGH intakes I wanted to know if they would be of help in anyway
Doctor :   Its completely an natural process which can only be facilitated through some moderate exercises
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   Plz dont fall prye to such ads
Doctor :   They rather misguide
User :   Ok
Doctor :   Plz get confident with self and pursue physique development
Doctor :   That will cober up height issues for you
User :   So what will be such foods that help me gain my height
Doctor :   Foods high in protein
User :   I am an pure vegetarian
Doctor :   Like Soya/ dry fruits/ nuts
Doctor :   And meat
User :   Ok
Doctor :   Even COD liver oil has plenty supplements
Doctor :   Just stick on normal diet avoiding smoking/ alcohol consumption
Doctor :   there will good improvement in Development
User :   I am absolutely a big hater of smoking/alcohol
Doctor :   Thats great
Doctor :   Then you should have no issues
Doctor :   Plz divert your thoughts to body duiding rather than height
Doctor :   * building
User :   Ok Just wanted to know one thing, how is food like rice affect good health in conjunction to height/weight gain?
Doctor :   Yes they do help
Doctor :   rather pulses and cereals
Doctor :   Will help in boosting development
User :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   I think its better to take a natural way in getting my health issue work. I am happy for u r advice. Thank You.
Doctor :   Your welcome
Doctor :   Wishing you all the best
User :   Thank You
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting ,me
User :   :-)
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXhere
Doctor :   Plz proceed with query
Doctor :   Are you there
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor