Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Exercises and family support for a kid having Social anxiety disorder - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Anxiety and Stress
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   hey
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   any treatment for social phobia for 11 year old
User :   hello
Doctor :   Stress management techniques and meditation can help
Doctor :   along with anti anxiety medication
Doctor :   u need to consult with ur physician or family doctor
Doctor :   aerobic exercise may have a calming effect
User :   what can of medication for 11 years old
Doctor :   that ur physician will decide
Doctor :   she or he needs support
User :   but i dont have 1
Doctor :   from family and encourgement
Doctor :   Since caffeine, certain illicit drugs, and even some over-the-counter cold medications can aggravate the symptoms of anxiety disorders, they should be avoided
Doctor :   family is very important in the recovery
Doctor :   the family should be supportive but not help perpetuate their loved oneĆ¢??s symptoms
User :   but zoloft can work
Doctor :   Family members should not trivialize the disorder or demand improvement without treatment
Doctor :   The medicine that is required for your condition is prescription based. These medicine may have many adverse effects and can be prescribed by a doctor only after physical examination. We cannot prescribe it online for your safety and other drug interactions. Hence we recommend that you meet a doctor in your area and he will prescribe it for you.
User :   ok what about acne my daughter has alot od acne what can she use
User :   ...
Doctor :   does she have white head or black head or both
User :   both (alittle black head but no)
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   dont pluck or touch these
Doctor :   it will get infected
Doctor :   u need to consult a dermatologist
Doctor :   or physician
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor