Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Excessive sweating in underarms. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:hi sir
User:i sweat a lot in underarms ,hands and legs what can be done to reduce it
Doctor:May I know your age and gender?
Doctor:Your current height and weight?
User:24 years , male,73 kgs and 5.8apprx height
Doctor:Do you suffering from any medical illness?
Doctor:Any regular medications that you take?
User:In google i got to knw that a product by name "Drysol"is used for reducing it.Is it good fr health
Doctor:Before I brief you, I wish to know some more details.
Doctor:Since when have you developed this problem?
User:Since birth acccording to me
Doctor:Do you experience fast heart beats and nervousness?
Doctor:Is the sweating present continuously or does it occur at particular times?
User:normally it will be continous
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:What you have is a condition known as hyperhidrosis.
Doctor:This condition occurs due to an, hormonal changes or an imbalance in autonomic nervous system.
Doctor:Occasionally person who have anxious behaviour (anxiety) also suffer from this problem.
Doctor:It is recommended that you check for thyroid problems by blood test.
Doctor:Now, Drysol contains aluminium chloride.
Doctor:It is known to be effective.
Doctor:however watch for irritation and skin reactions before trying on regular basis.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:Not yet purchased that medicine but in google search i heard thats it
Doctor:Yes, Drysol contains aluminium chloride - an effective agent.
Doctor:You can try it.
Doctor:If they do not help you; and if your blood test come normal
Doctor:then the other options of treatment are
Doctor:1. Trying oral medications under guidance of a physician.
Doctor:2. Ionotophoresis - I am unsure if they are available in India.
Doctor:You can search for institutes having this facility.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other questions?
User:thk u very much
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor