Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Excessive hair fall due to anemia - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hair Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Hi , I have too much hair fall very recently , what could be the casuse ? I am 22
Doctor :   hair fall can be due to various causes
User :   i am anemic
User :   could that be a reason ?
Doctor :   that itself could be the cause
User :   what should i do ?
Doctor :   anemia again can be due to so many cause
User :   meaning ?
Doctor :   number of things can cause excessive hair loss. For example, about 3 or 4 months after an illness or a major surgery, you may suddenly lose a large amount of hair
Doctor :   Blood loss, Lack of red blood cell production and high rates of red blood cell destruction
Doctor :   these are main causes
User :   No i was fine till recently i went for a blood check because i was feeling weak
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have blood report with you
User :   I dont have it with me right now but i recall its about 7
Doctor :   pl
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Health purposes please provide your Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status, Height and Weight.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor