Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Erectile issues due to trauma,neurological problem - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   i have had lumbar disc issues for a few years now but they come and go, have done Physical therapy, injections, etc. a few weeks ago i fell while snowboarding onto my left butt cheek, i honestly felt it on my butthole and now have hemrhoids, a few days later i started having some erectile issues, those issues have got better but still not the same and sometimes im abnormally flaccid. obviously i feel like i should consult a doctor about this, is an orthopedic the right doctor or should i go straight to a neurosuregon? im assuming this is an urgent issue that is probably not going to "fix" itself? thanks
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read the query.
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   30
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have early morning erections?
User :   yes but i fell like they are not the same, not as long in time
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
Doctor :   Erectile dysfunctions can happen due to neurological problems, but
Doctor :   this is usually constant and do not fluctuate.
Doctor :   if you feel that your symptoms are only occasional, then its unlikely that it is due to neurological issues (secondary to the back problem).
Doctor :   Since, I am unable to perform a physical examination, I cannot confirm my suggestions.
Doctor :   Hence, you can consult an urologist
Doctor :   who by examination can suggest, if the issue is entirely neurological.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yes i have
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   even though i had back pain as well i shouldnt see the orthopedic
User :   ?
Doctor :   Since your present concern is erectile difficulties and not the back pain, and as
Doctor :   there are plenty of other causes,
Doctor :   my suggestion is that you see an urologist.
User :   ok, thank you
Doctor :   If its confirmed that it is neurological, then you can go ahead and consult a spine surgeon.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   so the urologist can confirm if it is neurological?
Doctor :   Yes.
Doctor :   I would like to remind you again,
Doctor :   that the chances of it being a neurological issue is unlikely, if your symptoms are fluctuating.
Doctor :   Hence you need not panic.
Doctor :   Get the examination by the urologist and things will be clear after that.
Doctor :   Are you there?
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor