Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Enquiry about sexually transmitted diseases tests - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
User :   ok
User :   i wanted to chat with sexually transmitted disease specilist
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   i wanted to know about std name and their test name
Doctor :   I am good in treating STDs
User :   ok
User :   i had an exposure 24 months back
User :   i am sick since 23 months , all hiv symtoms
User :   tested hiv negative 50 times on test with elisa, westernal blot, pcr dna
User :   no sexual exposure since 24 months
User :   r u there
Doctor :   so all the tests are negative ?
Doctor :   What are the HIV test results show?
Doctor :   Are you there ?
User :   non reactive
User :   in pcr it was not not detected
User :   r u there
Doctor :   Then How come you attribute your symptom to HIV
User :   because i felt ill with fevr and rash, hill and many more symtoms after 21 days of sexual exposure
User :   and expect fever many symtoms are since 2 years now
Doctor :   ok
User :   i want to go through all std test, but i dont know all std and their test name
Doctor :   because you have HIV test may times , I am 100% sure you do not have HIV test
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   1, Syphilis
Doctor :   get VDRL
User :   ok
Doctor :   2. For hepatitis B, C , Get hepatitis profile
User :   which test in hapatitis
Doctor :   Hepatitis B S ag and Hepatitis B S- antibody
Doctor :   Hepatitis C ag
User :   no antibody for hap c
User :   /
User :   ?
Doctor :   sorry it is Hepatitis C ab
User :   igg or igm ?
Doctor :   It detect antibody
Doctor :   does not matter Ig M or Ig G
Doctor :   Ig M is active infection
Doctor :   I g G is old infection
User :   for hsv and rest std ?
User :   ok
Doctor :   if you have any penile discharge, Gonorrhea and chlamydia test
User :   i dont have
Doctor :   Screening rest of the STDs depends on signs
Doctor :   like above
Doctor :   if u you have penile discharge Gonorrhea and chlamydia test
User :   can i tell u my complete story the plz guide me test
Doctor :   HSV cause rash on penis
User :   r they painful ?
Doctor :   yes they are painful blisters initially
Doctor :   and laster blisters bursts
Doctor :   Do you have any questions
User :   i have some mole like rash on my body , 10-12 rashes, and they are not painful, they are like mole. black and brownish in color,
User :   i got them after 21 days of exposure
User :   r u there ?
Doctor :   I am here
Doctor :   keep typing
Doctor :   I am chatting withother patient also
Doctor :   Please be patient
Doctor :   whre?
Doctor :   Where on the body?
User :   after 21 days of exposure , i got chill, fungal infection on penis , high fever, mole like rash, lower abdomen pain, back pain, neck pain, severe tiredness
User :   since 1.8 years i am feeling chill, sore throat, tiredness, some time diaarrea
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Have you consulted Generl physician
User :   yes, he is saying u r depressed
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Have you checked the temperature?
Doctor :   If so how much?
User :   50 hiv test, 3 vdrl test, 1 hsv test, 2-hapatitis b test , 1 hapatitis c test, 1 chaltmdia dna all negative but still symtoms
User :   temp was for 10 days
User :   2 years back, it was 102
Doctor :   Tell me the current sistuation
Doctor :   Do you have fever now?
User :   no
Doctor :   Do have any enlarge led glands in neck now
User :   chill, sore throat, tiredness are main now
Doctor :   ok
User :   i fell pain in neck
User :   r u talking abt lymph nodes?
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   How many
Doctor :   How big?
User :   no lymph node
User :   but little swealling in throat, doctors says it is not lymph node
User :   it is just swelling due to sore throat
Doctor :   Have to tested for Mononocleaosis
User :   no
User :   it is std ?
Doctor :   Get Monospot test.
User :   is it curable?
Doctor :   Get the Rapid strep test(throat swab is taken for rapid strep test)
Doctor :   I don't know the reason
Doctor :   Get the CBC Complete Blood count
Doctor :   peripheral Smear
Doctor :   Do you follow ?
User :   that is normal
User :   i m talking abt vbc
User :   cbc
User :   is mono a dangarous disease
Doctor :   cbc is normal
User :   yes
Doctor :   what about peripheral smear
User :   what it is for ?
User :   i dont listen
Doctor :   Mono is viral infection it is not dangerous
User :   is it treatable ?
Doctor :   it is self limiting illness
Doctor :   it is not like HIV
Doctor :   it is like cold
Doctor :   Only few viral infections are chronic and dangerous
User :   ok
User :   which test i need to do for mono
Doctor :   If you are infected with mononucleoses we will get an idea
User :   plz confirm
Doctor :   Monospot test
User :   is there any chance of hiv after 2 years and 50 test ?
Doctor :   Also get rapid strept thoat test
Doctor :   You tell me the answer
Doctor :   What is your judgement ?
User :   i dont know sir, only doctors knows
Doctor :   no I am talking in general
Doctor :   I want answer fro you
Doctor :   use logical thinking, reasoning
User :   i think i have hiv that why i keep searching hiv on internet all the time
Doctor :   2 yrs, 50 test and all negative.
Doctor :   Still u think u have HIV
User :   if it is not then why my throat is not going with antibiotic
Doctor :   You are in phobia and misinterpreting
Doctor :   You have no HIV
User :   Monospot test and rapid strept thoat test , are these the test name
User :   i will go tomorrow
Doctor :   Get these tests done
Doctor :   Thank you for consuling
Doctor :   Bye
User :   thans
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor