Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Enquiring whether surgery with general anasthesia is needed for a child to cure bleeding of nose - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u?
User :   hello..
User :   my daughter 1.5 yrs has been bleeding left nose for couple of days
Doctor :   k
User :   since blood tests are normal (peripheral smear and routine)
Doctor :   k
User :   the ent advised to do surgery under GA and see whats wrong
User :   i am looking for a IInd opinion
Doctor :   Have had any similar problems in the past?
User :   no
Doctor :   Have taken/taking any medicines or had any consultation with a Doctor?
User :   no
User :   we met the ped. dr. and they sent us to ent
Doctor :   well then the ENT is correct in exploring the seat of bleeding
User :   but what is the point in doing a surgery if you don't know the cause?
Doctor :   its not surgery
Doctor :   an exploration for ascertaining
User :   is there no other options to identify the issue?
User :   but do u suggest a child of 1.5 yrs should be given general anesthesia
Doctor :   yea
Doctor :   no probs
User :   are you a GP?
Doctor :   yeah

Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor