Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Enlarged lymph nodes due to mouth ulcers - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1776 Questions
User :   My left virchows gland has started popping up and going and i cant work out why, i feel fine no colds nothing can you help?
Doctor :   Hello
User :   Hi there
Doctor :   let me read ur query
User :   ok
Doctor :   Do u have any pain in that area ?
User :   no, it has gone down this evening but today i was raised and painful. just the gland no where else
Doctor :   may i know your occupation ?
User :   kitchen fitter
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have any fever, weight loss, or anything else ?
User :   no nothing else. ive had a back back from work but thats it.
User :   bit of stomach pain aswell
Doctor :   may i know ur age ?
Doctor :   can u tell me the size of the node as well ?
User :   im 21
User :   its about the size of a coin
Doctor :   also can u tell me how you came to know the name of the lymph node ?
User :   ive read about it on the internet
Doctor :   ok , good
User :   known as supracurvicular but also called virchows
Doctor :   yes thats right
Doctor :   at the age of 21, such node enlargement could be due to local infections
User :   mouth ulcers?
User :   i have 2 of them on gum
User :   on my gum
Doctor :   yes, any sort of inflammation in the ear , nose throat area can cause such nodes to enlarge
Doctor :   for the mouth ulcers, use gel called anbesol,
Doctor :   this will heal them
User :   ok thanks
User :   yehh i use bongela just to hide it for a while
User :   can i ask you something else?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   sure
User :   ages ago i found a lump on my testicle
Doctor :   may i know the size and other symptoms that u had ?
Doctor :   like pain ?
User :   this is going to sound weird but i though it was a dream. and i felt it must have been ages ago
User :   no pain
User :   like a grain of rice
User :   maybe a bit bigger
Doctor :   oh ok
User :   if it was cancer. would i see any other symptons?
Doctor :   if it is cancer, you will see a large enlarged testes , pain ,
User :   oh soo its more than likely a cyst?
Doctor :   yes , it could be
User :   right ok, like i said i think its been there a while and im stupid and forget to get it physically checked out
User :   what else could the lump be?
Doctor :   usually there are remnants of fetal period that do not grow normally out
Doctor :   they can persist and they may be felt in the same way
User :   ohh right so i shouldnt worry too much?
User :   its painless so im fine
Doctor :   yes , no need to worry
Doctor :   u will be fine
Doctor :   Hope i have answered your queries
User :   yehh you have thanks for your help
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   please leave your feedback at the end of this chat
User :   ohh one more thing while i have 2 mins left
User :   i will
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   sure
User :   my lower back clicks? when i walk
User :   like right on my spine
User :   i can feel it
User :   shall i go to the doctor or just stretch more?
Doctor :   does it hurt when u walk /?
User :   noo but i can feel it
Doctor :   stretching for a few days and massage therapy will help
User :   ok briliaint thanks for your help today
User :   good bye
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   bye for now
Doctor :   take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor