Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Enlarged lymph node due to infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I have a lump just under my collar bone and close to my shoulder. It does not hurt. It feels like a swollen gland....just in an odd location. Is this something that needs to be checked out? Thank you
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXX here
Doctor :   let me read ur query
Doctor :   does this move around when u hold it ?
User :   No it does not move. It is also on the left side if that matters.
Doctor :   also can u tell me the size of the swelling ?
Doctor :   Do u have any fever, cough, chest pain, shortness of breath or any thing else ?
Doctor :   May i know ur age, weight height ?
User :   It seems to be the size of about a quarter
Doctor :   does it hurt when u press it ?
Doctor :   Are u there ?
User :   I am 37 years old. 5 '8 and about 180 pounds. The only other symptom that I have is just fatigue.
Doctor :   what is your occupation ?
User :   It does not hurt when I press on it
Doctor :   ok
User :   I am a XXXX
Doctor :   i think what you have is an enlarged lymph node
Doctor :   and that could be due to a infection
User :   Is that anything to worry about?
Doctor :   i would advice you to get a blood test ( CBC, ESR, a CHEST X Ray as well
Doctor :   there is nothing to worry as such as u dont have any symptoms
User :   Ok thanks
Doctor :   but these tests are just to make sure that theres nothing to worry about
Doctor :   Have u followed my comments ?
Doctor :   Are u there ?
Doctor :   i guess u have moved out
User :   Yes. Thank you
Doctor :   ok,
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Do u have any other query?
User :   No. I am done
Doctor :   ok, thanks for consulting me here,
Doctor :   please leave ur feedback as u log out
Doctor :   take care and bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor