Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Endometriousis Laparoscopic surgery - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hi
User :   hello,
I was diagnosed with endometriousis by laproscopic surgery. the endo is going from my uterus to mt abdominal wall & bladder. One doctor told me you definately need a partial hystorecomy (just my uterus). Then another doctor told me to just try endometrial ablation. I don't understand, how is the endometrial ablation going to get rid of all the endometriousis? Thanks for any suggestions or info!
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   surgical removal will give u much better results
Doctor :   than going for ablation
User :   that makes more sense
Doctor :   endometrial ablation may or may not give u good results
User :   I understand I am young 30. and thay do not want to do a full. but a partial is ok
Doctor :   if ur not willing to undergo surgery
Doctor :   u can undergo ablation
Doctor :   yes partial would be ok
Doctor :   nothing to get worried
Doctor :   doctors will take care to see only small amount of it is removed
Doctor :   and u will not be affected
User :   thank u
Doctor :   endometrial ablation is done
Doctor :   Childbearing is completed
Doctor :   You prefer not to have a hysterectomy to control bleeding
Doctor :   Younger women are less likely than older women to respond to endometrial ablation
Doctor :   After an endometrial ablation, younger women are more likely to continue to have periods and need a repeat procedure
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor