Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Ears infection with pus leaking out - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
Doctor :   hi
User :   Yes
Doctor :  
are you back?
User :   Yes
User :   I have had ear pain for lat couple days it hurts far down my ear
User :   and puss is comen out what should i do?
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
if there is pus coming out
Doctor :  
it means there is infection inside
Doctor :  
which needs to be drained completely and treated with antibiotics
User :   Ok and it hurts way deep down
User :   i ahve alot of ear trpuble in the past
Doctor :   please provide your age, gender, location

User :   Male 21 Denver co
Doctor :  
take Tab Tylenol OTC for pain, one tablet two times a day
Doctor :  
and get the ear examined and pus drained out by an ENT surgeon/specialist
User :   Ok
User :   Do you think its going to require surgrey
Doctor :   no it may not require the surgery
Doctor :  
but it needs treatment
User :   Ok

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor