Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Early onset of diabetes and control measures - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions
User :   hi
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
Doctor :   Are you there xxxxxx ?
User :   actually my friend has got diabetes from last 2 year
User :   her age is 24 only
Doctor :   Yes we had a chat regarding it earlier during the day
User :   and she is doing job also
User :   u told like start insulin shots
User :   but what is my question medicine wont work ??
Doctor :   Yes medications will work but then you have the results that her blood sugars are in teh range of 250 and that is some thing that will need to be braught down
Doctor :   Before it causes significant trouble
Doctor :   are you with me xxxxxx ?
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
User :   ya here i m
User :   hello
User :   r u t?
Doctor :   Hi.
Doctor :   Yes.
User :   ya so tell me medicine wont work life time
Doctor :   The sugars have to be controlled.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
User :   so daily need 2 chech
User :   sugar level
Doctor :   Yes.
User :   hello r u t ?
User :   ok
User :   and 1 thing
Doctor :   Sure.
User :   she is only 24 year old so should she continue the job or not
Doctor :   SHe can continue leading a normal life if she is started on insulin.
Doctor :   Have you filled the feedback form which I have sent?
User :   ya
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   She can do all her normal activities, with certain precautions in her diet.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   and which kind of problems will occur in future
Doctor :   She needs to get her eyes, kidney function and lipids
Doctor :   tested regularly.
User :   i m normal guy but she is diabetic
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   so after marriage there will be any prob
User :   like child or something
Doctor :   She needs to be on insulin even during pregnancy. If the blood sugar levels are always under control, there would not be any problem.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Anything else xxxxxx?
User :   it wont come on child ???
User :   is there any chances ??
Doctor :   The chances are less
Doctor :   because adult onset diabetes is hereditary but not the early onset one.
User :   if sugar level will be under control
User :   is it not curable??
Doctor :   There is no permanent cure for diabetes, only good control is possible with insulin and therapy.
User :   ok
User :   it wont control with yoga?
User :   hello r u y ?
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   It is not possible
Doctor :   There is benefit with yoga though
Doctor :   as it helps as a good exercise
Doctor :   and exercise benefits the body in diabetes
Doctor :   helps maintaining overall health.
User :   Ayurvedic treatment will work ??
Doctor :   I am not sure about those systems as we practice only allopathy.
User :   ok
User :   thanks a lot doctor
Doctor :   anything else xxxxxx?
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor