Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Ear nose and throat surgeon to be visited - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 676 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello Doctor
User :   am suffering from cold for the past say 10 years
User :   its not seasonal
User :   even in the summer am suffereing from that
Doctor :   Ok
User :   why is it so?
Doctor :   Did you get a physical examination by ENT?
User :   not yet Doctor
Doctor :   There are few conditions in Nose, called polyp, deviated septum, which can cause such problem
User :   ok...
User :   i should undergo any examination or something?
Doctor :   I think you need at least once an examination by ENT
Doctor :   and then get back to me with the opinion of the ENT
Doctor :   I can guide you better
User :   ok.
User :   I also have weezing trouble
User :   but it will not be severe
Doctor :   Ok they can be related
User :   oh ok...
User :   do you suggest any doctors in chennai
Doctor :   I think it is a simple examination, so you can see any ENT specialist near your area rather than my suggestion which can be far away from your place
User :   OK doctor. let me do that first and get back to you
Doctor :   Yes good
User :   one more suggestion from you
Doctor :   Do you have any more queries
User :   Is this a heriditary problem ?
Doctor :   Do you have some problem running in the family?
User :   Yes my dad is having weezing
Doctor :   There is a condition called Atopy which runs in families
Doctor :   with same symptoms
User :   Am planning for a baby next year. Will this affects the baby too?
Doctor :   We have to prove that you have atopy till then do not think about it
Doctor :   if it passes on to the baby
User :   What do you mean by Atopy?
Doctor :   You cannot stop planning for a baby
Doctor :   Atopy is a condition where there is increased sensitivity to allergen
User :   Oh ok..
Doctor :   Do not worry, just get back tome
Doctor :   with the doctor's opinion
Doctor :   I am available from 1PM to 6PM on weekdays
User :   Before planning for a baby me or my wife should undergo any examination or something
Doctor :   Generally not required
Doctor :   It is good to take certain vitamin supplements called Iron and Folic acid 3 months before the plan of pregnancy
Doctor :   It prevents birth defects in the to be born baby
Doctor :   I would say essential to take vit supple
User :   ok Doctor. thanks for all your opinions. I will get back to you soon.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor