Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Dyskariosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   i went for a smear and got a letter back saying i have mild dyskarosis im really worried because i started typing it into google and some diferent answers came up like some people said its a sexually transmitted disease i feel dirty now. what exactly is it and can i pass it to my partner?? Help
Doctor :Hi
User :   can you please give me some info on this im really freaked out by it?? Thanks
Doctor :   Ok, not to worry , it is not an STD.
Doctor :   f you have an abnormal smear, you have pre cancerous changes in the cells covering the cervix.
Doctor :   This is called Dyskariosis.
User :   I was woried it was an std and was going to go for some tests then, why r some people saying it is im so glad to hear its not. also some things i was reading was saying about warts and stuff that come from it wat is this and is it true. Sorry to throw all these questions at u i am panicing myself
User :   Also if i had an std or anything like that would the letter have told me or should i go for some tests to put my mind at ease??
Doctor :   No, No please dont worry, you are supposed to ask me questions.
Doctor :   But there is no need to worry.
User :   Thank u very much. So just to clarify its not an std which im so glad to hear. I cant pass it on to my boyfriend?? And is it ok for me to have unprotected sex with him
Doctor :   I would say yes.
Doctor :   you can go ahead.
Doctor :   But I want to just to tell you to get another test doen to see the histopathological changes if any.
User :   Is that a yes i can pass it to him? Just the last question again, if i had any like std would the letter i received have told me so?? Once i have this all clarified i will be able to relax.
User :   What is Histopathological changes?
Doctor :   There might be a 1 in 100 chances for it to change to Cancerous stage.
Doctor :   So as to prevent that there can be some treatment done .
Doctor :   But in most it doesnt transform.
Doctor :   I would suggest a path lab study.
Doctor :   May I know your age pelase ?
User :   24
Doctor :   Then your chances are very less.
Doctor :   As it is common in above 40 yrs.
Doctor :   I would say you can go ahead.
Doctor :   But do get a path lab test done for swab and smear
User :   Thank u
Doctor :   Thank you for ocnsulting me.
Doctor :   take care
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Other doctor chats you may be interested in
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor