Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Dust allergy and sneezing attacks - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Asthma and Allergy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 675 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi!
Doctor :   Can I help you?
User :   i have developed a dust allergy and sneeze constantly... at the moment i take alrid tablet. What else can i do?
Doctor :   How long since you had this
User :   since november 2007... been like 4 months now
Doctor :   To get a better picture I need this information--Age: ; Occupation: ; Location: ; Marital Status:
User :   agg: 25, Occupation: HR executive, location: bangalore, marital status: single
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Ok
User :   yes
Doctor :   Any other health problems?
User :   no
Doctor :   Have you had any similar problems in the past?
User :   Similar problems? i have sinus problems and i get migrane headaches.
Doctor :   Let me tell you that this is a condition which cannot be cured but only controlled.You will also have to take precautions to prevent it.
First you will have to avoid dust, pollen and dusty environments
If you have pet you need to avoid animal danders and keep the home free from pet hair You have to wear a mask and helmet while riding/ driving
Vacuum your house on a regularly basis to prevent dust in hidden and hard to reach areas like carpets and sofas I am not sure which medicines you are on but you need to avoid taking these for long durations
User :   Ok. What medicines would you recommend to control my sneezing. Because once i start it dosnt stop.
Doctor :   You can continue the same medication whenever you get an attack
User :   ok. thanks!
User :   thanks for the tips. i think thats all for now
Doctor :   But since you have sinusitis you may have a DNS which could be treated
User :   DNS?
Doctor :   Yes, you have to rule out the cause of your sinusitis
Doctor :   If a Deviated Nasal Septum is causing repeated attacks you can get a surgery for this
User :   Oh.. i broke my nose like 10 years ago and since then i've had this problem
Doctor :   I think you are most likely to have a DNS because of your broken nose which may have deviated the septum in the nose
Doctor :   So I would recommend you to have a complete ENT examination for this
Doctor :   If you have a DNS you can get a surgery done which will relieve your symptoms permenantly
Doctor :   Is there anything else?
User :   I always had a feeling it was because of that. But my nose was checked by a doctor after it was broken and several times in the past 10 years and they say nothing is wrong with the nose
Doctor :   Have you got it checked by a ENT
User :   Nope... i think i should do that soon
Doctor :   Then I would recommend that, you can look up our website for specialists
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor